Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Looking for something classic?
Loving winter white in an updated silhouette?
Looking for something inspired by classic holiday cheer?
Max & Cleo $168
Feeling the retro vibe for the holidays?
Nick & Mo $88
Nick & Mo $84
Looking for something fun and flirty and a little different?
Aryn K $68
MM Couture $135
Ayrn K $98
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Loving cropped sleeve jackets like these, but worried about practicality? Try wearing a chunky, long sleeve sweater underneath in a contrasting color. Looking for a something more sophisticated? Try adding elbow length knit gloves. They'll keep you warm and have an elegant vibe without being too dressy.
by BB Dakota (no longer available)
by Tulle (no longer available)
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
This skirt by BB Dakota is more voluminous and boisterous. The rich fuchsia color and silky fabric make this piece great for partying. Fun and flirty, this skirt can be work as shown in the photo below with a simple white tank and a pair of pumps or with a black turtleneck, tights, and pumps for a more formal look. This is a great skirt to wear with chunky, bold jewelry.
This brocade tulip skirt by BB Dakota has a slightly more romantic feel. The soft color and opulent fabric are awesome for the holiday season. Paired with a softer top as pictured below (by Aryn K), this skirt is very feminine and formal. Paired with a black crew neck T and black tights it's reminiscent of ballerinas. And paired with a white tank and pumps it's downright kitschy.
Friday, October 24, 2008
It's never wrong to throw on that LBD (Little Black Dress), black tights, and a chunky black sweater, right? With this being the go-to outfit for me (and many others) accessories are key. This season some of my favorite ways to accessorize have been animal inspired. From the literal pieces to the more tempered, these styles are all great to add some spice to your favorite basics. Check out these animal-inspired pieces that Jupe Boutique is offering right now.
Who doesn't love a good bangle? Paired with simpler gold pieces, these tiger inspired bracelets are ultra wearable.
Ribbon-wrapped headbands with glam feathers by Violet Wren. What better way to pump up your ensemble than with plumage in fall colors?
Peasant Jewelry offers a great variety of rustic necklaces and bracelets that are versatile and easy to wear. These pieces feature cute animal charms in a tough and funky way.
This chunky necklace feels a little "Flintstones," but is a chic animal-inspired addition many ensembles.
This gray, black, and brown clutch in alligator is easy to wear with most fall colors. Why use your simple black bag when you can add some drama with something like this?
And if your feeling saucy, why not substitute your plain dress for something more exciting like this leopard print number by 213 Industry. Meow!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Thanks to John Columbo Photography and our model Natalie Coccia!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
- Oxford style booties are great for fall, but tend to make the legs look shorter because they stop at the ankle. Pairing this style with dark tights will help to avoid this problem by creating a continuous line. Dark colors tend to slim the leg as well.
- Pair flat, slouchy boots with a short, cotton dress. It's cute, casual, and appropriate for Fall. Wear it day or night for an chic look.
- Tuck your jeans into your boots. This look is best with snug-fitting skinny jeans (even if you only own a pair for this purpose). If you are on the curvier side, try wearing high heel slouchy boots. The extra bulk of the boot will help to balance your proportions and the heels will help to lengthen your legs.
- Try wearing knee socks with tall boots. This look can be done over tights or leggings with dresses or skirts. Make sure that the socks have a cool pattern: argyle, plaid, really anything goes. And make sure to keep the boot simple to let the socks shine! This is a definitely a different look, and is a great way to add some flavor to an otherwise ordinary outfit.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I couldn’t agree more. All of the Alternative Apparel that we carry here at Jupe is “Vintage Soft” and super comfortable. From the simpler, plain crewnecks, to the burnout tunic and the long sleeve acid wash top (pictured above), these t-shirts have character. And, if the style isn’t enough of a reason to purchase these t’s, you should check out Alternative Earth. This line, Alternative’s “green” option, is made from 100 percent organic cotton. So next time that you are heading out, think about how effortlessly chic an Alternative Apparel t-shirt would be with a great pair of boots and some bold jewelry. Take that t-shirt and make it your own, sista, because, as they say: “There is no Alternative to being yourself."
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
The sweetheart neckline is ultra feminine, delightfully coy, and mildly suggestive. This style emphasizes the natural curved shape of the bust to create a sexy decolletage that somehow retains its innocence. Best on mid to larger chests, this style works to create the sex-appeal that a normal strapless lacks for larger chests. On smaller chests this neckline accentuates femininity and creates curves. Often, dresses with the sweetheart neckline have great structure (like this one from Jupe Boutique). This enhances shape and creates support. Regardless of bust size, fit is very important. A dress of this type should have ample coverage and fit neither too loose, nor too tight. Complement a sweetheart dress with soft flirty curls, a great pair of pumps, and layered bracelets to create a look which manages to be girly, elegant, and effortlessly sexy all at the same time.
Monday, September 8, 2008
The end of summer is now unavoidable. Here are a few simple ways to keep your favorite warm weather clothes alive for a bit longer....
- Use scarves and handkerchiefs to give substance to light summer outfits. Wear them long and loose or tied around the neck “cowboy style.”
- Add a cute fedora, bowler, or newsboy cap to freshen up a summer dress.
- Layer, layer, layer: long sweaters over tiny tanks and dresses.
- Replace flip-flops with fringed or leather boots and loafers for cooler weather.
- Add rich hued accessories to any of your summer favorites.
- Grab one of this season's simple, cropped jackets to layer over flowy summer dresses.
- Add a vest over any simple summer tee and combine with skinny jeans to create a cute fall look
- And if all else fails, add tights and leggings to any summer dress for an inexpensive and easy, updated fall look!
(Note: All items are available at Jupe Boutique.)