Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I couldn’t agree more. All of the Alternative Apparel that we carry here at Jupe is “Vintage Soft” and super comfortable. From the simpler, plain crewnecks, to the burnout tunic and the long sleeve acid wash top (pictured above), these t-shirts have character. And, if the style isn’t enough of a reason to purchase these t’s, you should check out Alternative Earth. This line, Alternative’s “green” option, is made from 100 percent organic cotton. So next time that you are heading out, think about how effortlessly chic an Alternative Apparel t-shirt would be with a great pair of boots and some bold jewelry. Take that t-shirt and make it your own, sista, because, as they say: “There is no Alternative to being yourself."
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
The sweetheart neckline is ultra feminine, delightfully coy, and mildly suggestive. This style emphasizes the natural curved shape of the bust to create a sexy decolletage that somehow retains its innocence. Best on mid to larger chests, this style works to create the sex-appeal that a normal strapless lacks for larger chests. On smaller chests this neckline accentuates femininity and creates curves. Often, dresses with the sweetheart neckline have great structure (like this one from Jupe Boutique). This enhances shape and creates support. Regardless of bust size, fit is very important. A dress of this type should have ample coverage and fit neither too loose, nor too tight. Complement a sweetheart dress with soft flirty curls, a great pair of pumps, and layered bracelets to create a look which manages to be girly, elegant, and effortlessly sexy all at the same time.
Monday, September 8, 2008
The end of summer is now unavoidable. Here are a few simple ways to keep your favorite warm weather clothes alive for a bit longer....
- Use scarves and handkerchiefs to give substance to light summer outfits. Wear them long and loose or tied around the neck “cowboy style.”
- Add a cute fedora, bowler, or newsboy cap to freshen up a summer dress.
- Layer, layer, layer: long sweaters over tiny tanks and dresses.
- Replace flip-flops with fringed or leather boots and loafers for cooler weather.
- Add rich hued accessories to any of your summer favorites.
- Grab one of this season's simple, cropped jackets to layer over flowy summer dresses.
- Add a vest over any simple summer tee and combine with skinny jeans to create a cute fall look
- And if all else fails, add tights and leggings to any summer dress for an inexpensive and easy, updated fall look!
(Note: All items are available at Jupe Boutique.)