What, you ask, is one of the hottest items for summer 2010? Why the bandeau top, of course! Not only is it super chic, but it's uber versatile--it can be worn under tanks, tees, dresses, vests, etc. Alexander Wang, Calvin Klein, and Bottega Veneta all crafted renditions of this sexy trend--take a look at how some other fab designers showed the bandeau on the 2010 runway.
Jupe currently has two great bandeau tops by Gentle Fawn in stock, one in lime green and the other in dark gray. Stop in and try one on!
Loving the look but not sure how to pull it off? Check out this list of 10 fashion-forward ways to wear the bandeau.*
1. Buy a neon bandeau and wear under anything sheer and/or lacy.
2. Cut 10-inch-long holes around the arm holes of an over-sized t-shirt. Wear with a matching bandeau.
3. Layer under your favorite sheer silk summer dresses.
4. Pour yourself into a high-waisted pencil skirt with a wild print. Peep a bright bandeau under double breasted vest. Accessorize with stacked heels.
5. Break out last summer's rompers and give them new life.
6. Wear on top of a fitted plain-tee or a loose fitting tank.
7. Unbutton your oxford, and let a bandeau peak out.
8. Use as a modern-day "dickie" for sleek coverage under tight v-necks.
9. Save for a sunny day and wear tanning.
10. Use as a pop of color against a backless top or dress.
Use some of the advice from the list and make the bandeau top your own today!
*Source: NBC Connecticut, http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/around-town/fashion/15-Ways-to-Wear-the-Bandeau--54414952.html